So I turned inside for support. If there's ever been a time for mindfulness practices, this is the moment in time. What helps me is practicing acceptance and cooperation.
Why is the idea of acceptance helpful?
1) You can't change the past no matter how much you consider all of the "if only" scenarios.
2) The practice of acceptance starts the process of seeing things as they are, no matter how disturbing or confusing.
3) Acceptance allows you to remove the idea that the present problem shouldn't be happening, and instead find solutions.
Why is the idea of cooperation helpful?
1) Simply because the opposite of cooperation is resistance. If you find yourself being resistant to change, use that energy to educate yourself instead. When resistance ends, collaboration begins.
2) Cooperation acknowledges the fact that you're working with others to inform solutions to win.
3) Cooperation jumpstarts your ability to listen and opens doors to change your thinking and behave in new ways.
Acceptance and cooperation are words often misunderstood. Acceptance is confused with resignation and cooperation with giving in. Nothing could be further from the truth. Acceptance and cooperation don't mean you're a doormat, saying you do what others tell you to do without reflection; it means you operate together as a community learning from each other and working for the highest good. These are powerful operating states, when you use them to be attentive, informed, and as the foundation for action.
So I accept my life the way it is right now and cooperate with what is showing up today. Besides all the facts and information, we also need uplifting practices and inspiring messages.
I would love to hear about your approach, and together we will get through this time.
May your day be both peaceful and productive.
Paulette Sun Davis